Grand Strand Chapter
Please set your calendars for our first of the New Year, GS MOAA dinner, and New Officer Swear-In on Tuesday, January 12, 2021. This dinner will also feature our guest speaker, Ms Julia Salinas, Palmetto Goodwill, who will speak to their free vocational training program with Horry Georgetown Technical College (HGTC).
To registering for this event, please click on the registration "Button" above, or email Rufus Manning at: email@example.com, or text him at 703.501.4045 and he will register you.
Dinner is $30 per person. PAYMENT MAY BE MADE BY CREDIT CARD ON-LINE, or by check, cash or credit card at the door. Either way, prior registration is recommended as seating is limited due to social distancing requirements for table spacing.
Our master of ceremony for the night will be our Chapter 1st Vice President, Truman Parmele. He will guide us through the evening festivities to include updates on recent end-of-year accomplishments and thank-you's to those members and partners who help make the year a success.
Social hour begins at 5:00pm. Our meeting will start at 6PM with dinner beginning around 6:20PM. Dress is business casual and spouses and other guests are encouraged to attend.
As we have done in our past meetings during the ongoing Pandemic, the Pine Lakes CC and the Grand Strand Chapter will be taking several precautions to help keep dinner attendees safe. These include:
- temperature taking upon arrival (with a non-contact infrared thermometer)
- disposable gloves will be provided to those who want them
- facial masks are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED when not seated/eating at your table and will be provided, or you may bring your own.
- Pine Lakes CC's staff will serve food to guests in a buffet line in appropriate safety attire and avoid shared food or drink containers at the tables
- Pine Lakes CC's staff will sanitize facilities, high touch points, restrooms, etc. and hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- Seating will also be set at a social distance
If you have any additional concerns, questions or suggestions about event safety precautions, please contact Jim Albert, Chapter President, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or text/cell: 203-509-8555 or Truman Parmele, Chapter 1st VP: email: email@example.com or text/cell: 703.258.2708.
Presentation of the Colors at this dinner will be provided by our local Grand Strand, Vietnam Veterans of America, 925 Chapter.
James R. Albert, LtCol, USAF (ret)President